Pages

Lagniappe...a little extra.


Meet Ruth! Her mom recently passed away leaving Ruth with no one to care for her. God provided Ruth a home at the Village of Hope. Soon enough (August to be exact!), God will provide Ruth with another person to care for her. I can not wait to get my hands on her! To hold her. To feed her. To smother her with kisses. To change her dirty diapers. To LOVE her. In August, I'll begin working with The Zambia Project! It's the missions organization started by Paul & Marinette van Coller to offer hope to Western Zambia! The Zambia Project can be summed up in 1 word: hope. The main goal is to tell the Gospel & plant churches within walking distance of every person in Western Zambia. Everything else the Zambia Project does is lagniappe. In Louisiana, lagniappe means a little extra. Let's just say The Zambia Project has a good grip on "a little extra". Extras include digging water wells, providing resources & education, building orphanages, employing widows through jewelry making, selling Hope Art, providing medical care & feeding schemes, planting crops, training entrepreneurs, translating the Bible, discpleship, and building the community in every village! Seriously, the list seems never-ending. I keep getting asked the question, "What will you be doing in Zambia?" My answer is still the same, I have no idea! I asked to work in the orphanage, with babies like Ruth. I also think I'll help with organizing & hosting team trips that come to work with the Zambia Project. And since I have a tiny bit of experience, hopefully, I can work with young adults as well! Honestly, I just want to help...with anything or everything! I'm honored and blessed and very excited to help serve alongside Paul & Marinette & the Zambia team.

1 comments:

Courtney Maci said...

She is the cutest EVER! I'm excited for you!

Post a Comment